3.13.2010

Ms. Lori

Update:  If you would like to know more about Ivey's League click on the highlighted "Ivey's League" in the post - or about preschool - just click on them.  Amazing people are all around US!!

This year has been a great year in preschool. Ivey actually goes to two preschools,which most of you probably already know. She goes to a county school and is in a special education classroom two days a week. Then two other days she still attends the same preschool that the boys went to, just regular kids. Both schools are perfect fits for Ivey and in many more ways, Ivey is a perfect fit for them. In the 'regular' pre-k class, she gets interaction with others her age. She can hear what typical three and four year olds do, the sounds they make, the games they play.... There she is just Ivey -

I don't stay at pre-k with Ivey this year. I rely on Ivey's League, her teachers and on occassion other parents to tell me about the wonderful things going on in the classroom. But, the kids always tell the true story.
This is Mrs. Lori. She is incredible and part of Ivey's League. Ivey looooves her. I think Ivey is so drawn to Lori because she picks Ivey up, gets loud and has never been intimidated by any of her 'stuff'. (Except maybe the eyes.) Lori took all of these pictures, which sums up just how happy Ivey is when Lori is around.



Thank you Lori, don't know what I would do without you. All of Ivey's League has provided so many opportunities for Ivey and in return that opens doors for all special needs - beyond Ivey. In one word - we are all advocates. You all are teaching not only Ivey, but these 'regular' kids lessons that school might not teach otherwise.

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great teacher. These support systems are soo important and priceless.

KrisKay said...

It's so great to have such awesome people around for Ivey! I am LOVIN' that last picture of Ivey. Those curls are to die for!

Lori Barfield said...

Aw Gwen! Thanks for saying such kind things. Spending time with Ivey is a great joy for me. I am so grateful to be a part of her circle of friends!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' her blond curls!

Maybe I missed this in a previous post but I was wondering why she is wearing splints on her arms.

Anonymous said...

It looks like she is wearing her eyes! Did she get used to them and was able to leave them alone? (Last I remember she would not quit taking them out)

She sure growing up fast!

connie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! I have enjoyed reading part of your blog this evening in the little bit of time I had while I've been procrastinating bathing my baby. :) I love how you write. Of course, you must know, you say things I wish I knew how to say, and so much better than I do when I try.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...