6.18.2008

So we did go - and had an awesome time. Sorry though, what happens in Vegas - stays in Vegas. Fortunately everyone survived here at home, even Ivey. She was fine. I think she likes to shake things up a bit. Then again she is a girl and drama seems to come easy to her.

Back to the grindstone this week, but with a better ‘momma attitude’ after a couple of days away. And as always Walker has us jumping. I am sharing a picture with you all that I plan to use one day to torture Walker during his teenage years.

Ivey always bounds back after her seizures and does something a little spectacular. Signing for momma is pretty spectacular to me. Plus, both of the boys said ‘daddy’ first. As a matter of fact, Knox called me daddy for a really long time before he decided to call me momma. So let’s just say working with Ivey to sign momma FIRST has been a priority of mine, and so far it seems to be working!

5 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

A few days away can make all the difference in the world, so good for you guys for going. You were overdue.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh, Ivey was TOO CUTE celebrating after each time she signed. I was giggling out loud with her. Her joy is contagious in this clip. I hope you guys had a WONDERFUL time in Vegas! Nothing irresponsible about needing a vacation - but I understand your needing to be responsible about the TIMING of it, so I am very glad it worked out for you and all the kids.

Karen Owens said...

I'm so happy to hear you got to go away. So wonderful I'm sure. As for the signing of "mama" -- to cute for words!

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad yall had a getaway! You and Matt deserved it! Love Walker's new look! Haha kids are so funny. He will be lovin' you when he's about 15 or so-

Love you all,
Tami

Heather said...

I would say nothing short of spectacular! What an absolute joy to see her signing. She is certainly a dream girl, full of determination and captivating to watch all her miraculous milestones. Thank you as always for sharing your special moments with us all.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...