11.01.2006

Good Morning!

Ivey is doing well this morning. Yesterday, Ivey had her trach changed out for the first time. The paralytic was also stopped at this time.

She is beginning to move her arms, push with her legs and just wiggle around a little bit. She looks very pouty because she is rolling her lower lip out feeling that new upper lip. Last night she did take a pacifier. Her sweet personality is coming back.

The next few days will be interesting for her as she learns and accepts the trach and her new lip. She is still on the ventilator; however, she is not depending on it quite as much.

Keep Ivey in your prayers. Add to your list all the children in this hospital with Ivey, and their parents and siblings.
Gwen

6 comments:

Blair's Mom & Dad said...

Go Ivey!! I know that you are ready to be off of the vent. Gwen, I know that it is a relief to see her waking up and to see that precious personality again. We love y'all and are praying lots and lots!

We saw Rita and Lilly while getting our rsv shot and they asked about y'all. They are praying for you too!

We love y'all- S, K & B

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so excited to see an update! I was just about to email you!! I am SO glad Ivey is doing so well. We've been praying around here for you both so much, and although I'll be away from my computer until next week, I won't forget sweet Ivey:)

Willingham13 said...

This is great news to hear. We have been praying continuously for Ivey.

Sending all of our love,
Morgan and Monica

The Rutland Family said...

That is wonderful news! We will continue to pray for you all! We can't wait to hear more great news!
God Bless!
Jud, Pam, Julia and Sam

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

She must look so precious with her little pout. I am still praying for little Ivey and your whole family. Thanks so much for the update.

Linda said...

I am so glad to hear that Ivey is doing well. I am sure that it must be wonderful for you to watch her exploring her new lip. I am srue that the staff at the hospital will just fall in love with her.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...