10.13.2006

Friday the 13th

Man----have I been gloomy. The only excuse I can come up with is Ivey's surgery is creeping up on us. I know it is not a good excuse to bring the rest of you down. And that's just it, I am not down - it is just that it is f.r.e.a.k.i.n.g me o.u.t! I am so excited about her surgery that I can't sit still, then the little gwen voice in the back of my mind reminds me that the surgery will be tough on her. So, I have been venting on the rest of you....SORRY.... and trying to spare my sweet husband. I drive him insane worrying. You will probably agree, and trust me, it is okay to roll your eyes at me.....I completely asked for it.

Ivey's surgery is scheduled for Friday, October 27th at Scottish Rite. I really can't give you much more detail than that. We will take Ivey on the 26th for pre-op and find out more info then. During the surgery he, the surgeon, will repair Ivey's nose and lip. Months later the palate will be corrected. As far as we know, she will remain in the hospital over night, then come home.

I keep trying to download my latest photos (they spand over 4 months) of Ivey to the computer. It is a no go. My computer is not cooperating. Of course, my computer never cooperates with me. I am sure it is the computer, the operator completely knows what she is doing! I really want you all to see her precious self.

I was doing my check in with Sarah @ In The Midst of It and she was doing a little meme. I never participate in these meme's but thought I would give it a try.

If I had five minutes to myself:
1. I would not know what to do. I am at a loss without chaos encircling me.
2. I would read the instruction manual to my camera and computer so I could down load 4 months worth of pictures.
3. I would return calls to the 100 + people who have called and I have yet to give them the time of day. Take that back, I might take the phone of the hook.
4. Have my hair cut
5. Get a message and a pedicure.

If I had $5 to spend:
1. I don't think anything I want right now is less than 5$. Sorry Matt!
2. Possibly play the lottery. I am feeling lucky this FRIDAY THE 13TH.
3. Buy one of those huge chocolate chip cookies at Barnes and Noble.
4. Get a caffe mocha from Panera. (I couldn't get the cookie though, that would be more than 5)
5. knowing me, I would probably loose it.

Five Items I'd love to get rid of:
1. Ivey's feeding up/I would rather her take a bottle.
2. Any toy that provokes an arguement. Any toy that makes noise. Any toy with parts.
3. The Thomas the Train table substituting for a coffee table.
4. Our trash compactor. Walker will not leave it alone - all I hear all day long is the grind of it turning on and off.
5. OUR HOUSE! I am so ready to move!!!!!!!!

Five Items I wouldn't part with
1. My computer. It is my link to the world, friends and family.. is anyone out there???
2. My notebook and calendar.
3. coffee. breakfast blend.
4. Dove dark chocolate bars.
5. I am at a loss here.

Five Words or Phrases I'd love to hear
1. Honey, you can have the remote today.
2. I think I will take the children today, all day, I will even pack a diaper bag.
3. Yes.
4. I won the lottery. (from my five dollars)
5. You don't have to get it. I know where it is.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Gwen, I'm getting caught up. Blogging has taken a backseat lately, which is probably more healthy than when I was obsessed, but it makes it hard to keep up with everyone! :)

I read something in one of your recent posts about not being able to complete a thought or sentence, and I can identify completely! Talking to me must be the most frustrating thing; I constantly switch subjects, then have to ask the listener what I was talking about. Is this permanent?

I'm praying in advance for all of you for Ivey's surgery. You'll feel SO much better on the 28th! And remember, she won't remember a thing. Even the day after Addie's surgery, she was pretty content, despite a chest tube, pacemaker, and lines everywhere! Ivey will be okay, and so will you. Just keeping telling yourself that, and then you can celebrate on the 28th!

Sending love from Texas:)

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

That must be hard waiting for the surgery... I'm praying for you both!!!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...