10.26.2006

Blessings in Disguise

I really wanted to sit down and let you all some of the thoughts and emotions that have been hanging around my head in the past week; but honestly, I am just too tired. Pretty much, I am at the point where I can not think in a coherent pattern. The best way to sum up this week is to say we are just moving on. As of Monday night, we are in a new house. It does sound insane to think we moved the weekend before Ivey’s surgery - many boxes are yet to be emptied. Personally, I think it has been great timing. There have been too many things to do; therefore, to much to do to keep me from lingering on the week/weeks to come.

Matt and I will take Ivey to meet with the surgeon tomorrow for pre-op. Her surgery to close the cleft in her lip and correct her nose will be on Friday. The palate will follow months from now.

Ivey is a beautiful 10 pound baby girl. Today she is six months old. She is all I ever dreamed of and then some. Did I tell you she rolled over for the first time last week? This is an accomplishment that has been questionable by many in the past few months. She is very blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love her and pray for her, even those who she has never met. I am astounded at the sight of our two little boys who are absolutely smitten with their baby sister. She is perfect in their eyes.

I received a card today. To say the least, it helped to get me to tonight.

Blessings in Disguise (by emily matthews)

The world is full of miracles to those who recognize them,
But we have to look the right way since God sometimes will disguise them.
He shines His light in places where we’d least expect Him to,
And often does the opposite of what we think He’ll do….
He has a way of bringing out the best within the worst
The moment we stop worrying and choose to put Him first,
And if we do, He’ll pull us through and help us find the door
That opens to the very thing that we’d been looking for.

And then is said:

We walk by faith, not by sight
2 Corinthians 5:7

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an awesome card!
Way to go, Ivey. I am so proud of you. Rolling over is a huge milestone...as is double digit pounds!
Praying for surgery Friday!!!!

Linda said...

Best wishes for Ivey on Friday. I don't think it is crazy that you moved the week before her surgery, to me it just makes things seem normal. Even though I am guility of doing it at times, we can't dwell on the what if's. I know in my heart all will be well. Ivey has a huge cheering section cheering her on!

Sarah said...

She rolled over!! Hooray!

I've been thinking about y'all all day, hoping you get some rest.

And I'll be praying tomorrow, knowing that surgery day is hard, and that Saturday will be better. Just think--every surgery is a step toward better health for sweet Ivey!

I wish I were closer and could come help you unpack!!

(Yikes--I should've just sent you an email; my comments are hogging all your space!!)

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Just wanted you to know I am praying for sweet Ivey's surgery! She is on my mind and heart often.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...