10.08.2006

The 4 o'clock Meltdown

That is the term I use to describe life in my house once the clock hits 4:00 pm.

-A Complete Meltdown-

Let’s take last Friday for example. Everyone was tired, bored and itching to drive the other crazy. Walker was hitting Knox on top of the head like Fred Flintstone, Knox was whining in return to Walker’s pestering and Walker was also jiggling Ivey telling her to “Waaaake Uuuuuup!” every time she tried to nap. Ivey’s irritability was exaggerated due to the fact that the four previous nights she had gone to bed somewhere past 4:00 am. And mom, me, was at the brink of insanity.

Walker is our energizer bunny. Obviously. By the time 4:00 pm rolled around, our time was up.

That’s when one of my bestest friends came on over for a spontaneous play date, she too was at the brink of insanity.

So, there we were, 2 moms and 6 children. All of the children are shorter than your waste. The chaos…the madness. And the best part, my three year old forgot the concept of sharing….but remembered the concept of whining and tattling. Please tell me this is part of the TRYING three’s. Anyways, the Gang from Garner and Glover sent dinner over. Delicious….

Cindy and Linda showed up at our door at 4:30; fortunately, the 4:00 o’clock meltdown was in full swing. It was great to watch Cindy and Linda share combined looks of surprise, confusion, Oh My Gosh and somewhat inundation at the sight of our combined six children running rowdily through my house.

So, if you know anyone who needs a dose of natural birth control, send them on over to my house around 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon, any day of the week, but especially on Fridays!

The MOM in control!

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

Hello, I am from Argentina, my baby boy was born on March 27, 2006.
Just like your daugther, he has a genetic abnormality caused by a deletion in his 21st chromosome, in the long arm "q". He weighed 2,700 Kg (6 lbs)and was 18 inches long. The initial genetic testing showed Pablito has a partial deletion of chromosome 21. He has the Region q11, but he has not the rest of the arm.
Sorry for my english!!!.
I hope you understand my words.
I read your web page on past thursday. we are very interested in have contact with you. I have created a web page like you did. It is called
"www.pablitosoria.blogger.com"
I will write about the obstacles he daily meet.

Gabriel said...

my email is gabrielbelu@hotmail.com

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...