Skip to main content

ZZZZZ.....

It is amazing the things we take for granted.  For me, and Matt, sleep was something we took for granted right up until the moment our sweet girl jumped into our lives.

So it has been 7 1/2 years since we officially slept, real sleep.

When you do without for a couple of nights, normally, you know you need it.  You get grumpy.  Complain.  Make sure you get to bed early at the first chance you get.  All better.

This has been our first chance in years......years.

It's amazing that the world really has started spinning slower.  Really.  time is s.l.o.w.i.n.g down.
We smile more..... at each other.

Our house is ours again.  We go to bed.  When we want to.
We wake up...after 6:00 am.

We miss our nurses.  Tremendously.  But we love our home.

We were married just shy of five years before the sleep deprivation, only if you consider the two boys born before Ivey, then technically we were sleep deprived long before Ivey.  Finally we are well past the newlywed days, but we finally get to see what its like to live together with our children in our house like a real family.

And Miss Ivey, well, she loves waking up to the sounds of her parents talking....

Ivey is sleeping in her crib in our room but it is magical.

And... I owe the world to my friends who have ridden out the past few years of a momma hyped up on adrenaline with no sleep, stressed out and always afraid.  You tolerated and loved me.  You stood there at times it must have been hard.  I love you.  Especially my miranda, tasha, lowery, angie and mandy....you girls have seen the uglies.. I'm coming back, just a few more nights of this amazing sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES........

Submitting to Lack of Control

When Ivey was a baby, I literally had drawers and spaces in her closet labeled, everything had a space, a place.  One special friend loved showing off Ivey's closet to newbies coming by for a visit. This level of organization mystified my friend. Secretly, I wanted to go back to haphazardness.  Justifying why I did this is simple.  At the time, I had friends helping me with my laundry, as were my mom and some night nurses.  With so many people, I found it more efficient, for all of us, to label everything.  No one had to search or guess where things belonged.   This approach to find order has only amplified with time. I have come to accept that being Ivey's mom has brought out a controlling aspect in my personality. For the record, I have always found peace in order and organization.  It could be described as controlling, maybe.  Ivey ramped up my need for order. On her hard days, or in times leading up to what I know will be hard, my need for order raises it’s merciless head. 

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans was born Tuesday April, 25th at 5:26 a.m. She weighed 5 lbs 11 oz and is 17 inches long. She has beautiful long fingers and toes like Gwen, and her hair is dark like Matt's. She loves to be touched and is happiest when she is being held. Ivey is a strong little one who is breathing on her own. Her strength is a blessing as she will face some challenges in the future. The initial genetic testing showed Ivey has a partial deletion of chromosome 21. There are many tests pending, and as we find out more, we will let everyone know those results. She has a double cleft palate and a cleft lip which will require surgery at some point in the future. She is blind. She has had one hearing test which will be repeated due to the noisy NICU. The aortic valve in her heart has 2 leaflets instead of 3, but despite this, her heart is working wonderfully. Currently, she has a feeding tube in her nose, and she is learning how to nurse from a bottle. Once her feeding is successfu