11.10.2010

Q-Tip Turban

(We were told when she came out of recovery that she would look like she had a Q-Tip on her head...)

Ivey had a semi-restful night.  We kept the pain medication pumping every two hours.  Around 4 am the swelling started setting in - there will be alot of swelling for many days.  We still have not seen her incision -

Last night she was a little upset and signed "Ivey" and I signed back "Momma's beautiful girl" and she settled.  She settles to Matt's kisses.  During the night she even instigated a game of 'patty-cake' and played with her music cube.  Ivey's music cube is the equivalent to Walker's bear blankie - it's her snuggie. 

She is resting now - I'll update everyone today as I find out more from the surgeons after their rounds. 
The next several days are going to filled with pain and confusion for Ivey - so keep her in your prayers. 

She is a trouper - we have seen that throughout her years; however, we have a new little tidbit of information about her ... the neurosurgeon said her skull was very thick, more like that of an adults.  I've always thought she was hard headed - I guess now we know she really is -




12 comments:

Lani said...

Ivey looks so sweet in her post-op pictures! I am praying extra hard for the next few days to go smoothly for her. I love your family so much. Y'all are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Lani

Heather said...

Sweet love.I can only hope and pray that she remains as comfortable as she looks,all snuggled with her blankets.I was going to send her one of Zoey's blankets from her Blanket Project but,from the looks of it, seems she has plenty!Still would love to send one if you like one specially made from your West Coast kindred spirits.Let me know.

Love to you all.Continued prayers.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your family praying for a speedy recovery. Okie Nana

Sheila said...

Hang in there Mamma. Keeping you all wrapped in my prayers!

KrisKay said...

Oh sweet Ivey. I'm glad that she is doing well so far. I am still praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of strong Ivey, her wonderful brothers and her amazing parents! Sending all our love and good wishes. The Funkhouser

Paula said...

Praying extra hard for a full recovery! I will have all my friends doing the same! Love to your family and your beautiful, courageous fighter girl!

Connie Barris said...

I just love this little girl... I am praying....for you all

Susan G. said...

Ivey looks so adorable wrapped up like a little angel. We're praying for all of the Sirmans through this time and know she'll pull thru like the champ she is. Love to you all...Susan G.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and especially Ivey x

Jennifer said...

Checking in to let you know we are praying. She looks adorable and snuggly!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Ivey today, that she is comfortable & recovering well.
Jennifer

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...