7.11.2010

The Creepy Crawly

So I'll admit that I can sometimes get a little freaked out about Ivey, and it's not just her blindness – it's the combination of all of her 'stuff' that can limit her understanding of her environment.

I seriously doubt that you have thought about it from this angle, but sometimes it's the weird things that get me –

Like this morning. I got up to let Ivey's nurse go home - was in the middle of brushing my teeth – and BAM….. I felt that creepy crawling feeling on the back of my thigh like a bug was crawling up my leg.

Chills went down my spine and I commenced to jumping and swatting - desperately looking for a mammoth spider…. and nothing – just my shirt tickling my leg.

Now how do I explain that to Ivey?

Creepy Crawly Bug or Nothing ………

Better yet - What is a BUG?

2 comments:

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Interesting thought. It is like trying to teach faith to your kids.

KrisKay said...

Oooh that's a tough one! The other day I was sitting at my computer and I felt that same feeling... but it WAS a scorpion that had just successfully crawled across my foot. Creepy. How do you explain things like that to Ivey? I know you'll come up with something fantastic!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...