4.25.2010

For you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalms 139


Dear Ivey-
Just a few weeks after you were born I remember reading this book. Somehow it seemed to be written specifically for you – so that I could read it and begin to find the courage to be the chosen mom to such a special little girl. Every year I have read it to you on your birthday.
On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, "Life will never be the same."

Because there had never been anyone like you…ever in the world………..

If the moon stays up until morning one day, or a ladybug lands and decides to stay, or a little bird sits at your window awhile, it's because they're all hoping to see you smile…..

For never before in story or rhyme (not even once upon a time) has the world ever known a you, my friend, and it never will, not ever again….

Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born.
Author Nancy Tillman

Happy Birthday my beautiful girl…

9 comments:

Steve and Nicki Hunt said...

Tonight, in this moment, Steve and I are so thankful for the gift God gave us in Ivey's life. Four years ago, Matt called us early to tell us that Ivey was here. I was 8 months pregnant and it was one day before my birthday. We were scared for Ivey, scared for you, Matt and the boys, but four years later we are proud. We stand in amazement of Ivey's strength in her struggles and grace in how she has changed all of our lives for the better.
We love you Ivey! Your sweet spirit and soul warms us everytime we are with you. We are proud that our daugthers will grow up with you.
Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Steve, Nicki and girls

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Amazing Ivey!

Dora said...

My prayer is that God will continue to shower His blessing on you, Ivey and your entire family.

Happy Birthday Ivey!

And Gwen - Happy Birthday to you too....the growth and birth of a *new you is not lost on those who have been blessed to witness your seasons since that day Ivey came into your life. I hope that you will celebrate yourself too :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Birthday to one of the most beautiful little girls that I know in this world. We love you and celebrate with you (even though we are a day late!) PARTY TIME! Love, Jill, Ella and Chase :)
www.ibfamlife.wordpress.com

KrisKay said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy birthday Miss Ivey!! You are so loved.

Rhonda Miller said...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes to your little girl.

Tammy said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Miss Ivey! What a blessing she is!

S said...

I know we don't know each other but I have come across your blog recently and wanted to say thank you for it. Your story is awesome and inspiring to me. Happy Birthday Ivey! I am so thankful to be able to share this day with you in some small way. God bless you!

Heather said...

Okay,seriously Gwen... I am in tears.For so many reasons.First of all and most importantly,your girl.Your amazing,beautiful miraculous girl ... second ... go to my archives ... March the 2nd,this year,Zoey's birthday,scroll past the Dr.Seuss quote to the litany of pictures,come to the next quote,read it,scroll to the last quote of that post and read it and THEN .... tell me,were we not separated at birth or perhaps our little loves are joined by something not of this world?... actually we already know that to be true!!

Love,love,love from us all

I am still sitting here with my jaw hanging open ....

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...