Skip to main content

Lemonade Award







Mom To Three Babies has nominated Ivey's blog for a Lemonade Award. Thank you, thank you. We really hope to be an example of taking lemons and turning them into the sweetest lemonade. Ivey thanks you blog world for following her story, our forever evolving 'new normal', and for sharing in this ride of a lifetime with us. Thanks MOM TO THREE BABIES!


So time to pass the torch and nominate 10 of my favorite blogs, which is hard, because there are so many that I love to read every day! If you are nominated and accept, here's what you do:


The rules of the accepting this award are:

Put the lemonade stand logo on your blog, or in your post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude, or gratitude.
Link the nominees within your post.
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love, and link to the person from whom you received this award.


Hope you enjoy visiting my blogging friends. They will make you smile!


1. Georgia Mom- Georgia Mom is my friend in real life and I love to read her stories. She is exactly what you read. Great, funny, role-model, and a good friend.


2. Little Wonders- We are miles apart, but one of my strongest supports. Ivey and Zoey are kindred spirits. My goal is to one day meet this family and unite our girls.


3. Gavin Owens- Gavin and Ivey were the same age. We were walking very similar paths. They have taken a turn that we have yet to take, but one day may face.


4. Moments with My Miracles- This blog just makes me happy.


5. Violet's Journey- Violet is continents away, but dealing with some of the same eye 'stuff'.


6. Girl Raised In The South- Always positive, encouraging and who doesn't love girls raised in the South?!


7. Joni's Joy- Joni is a friend of a friend and I love her spin on life....it's so full of JOY!.


8. {us}- Tera is a MAPS mom with lots of spunk. Great music on her blog too.


9. The Ibsen Family- Jill is a MAPS mom too. I love watching my MAPS families from afar. Not a blogster but wordpress.


10. Ava and Lucie- Megan is another MAPS mama. Love watching her girls grow! She uses totsites.


MAPS - Microthalmia/Anophthalmia Parent Support.

Comments

Bev said…
Hard to believe we've been following each other for over three years now, isn't it! Having a granddaughter Ivey's age I know how blessed you are to have this beautiful little girl in your life. Aren't girls just the best! Thanks for the sweet award - I'm touched. xoxo
Joni said…
Ordinary Miracle -

Thank you.

I am particularly pleased that your opinion of my blog was not adversely effected by our interaction at the ornament swap party.

It takes a very unique personality to embrace someone who hangs ornaments from the hooks in her braces. My children think this is the coolest trick ever.

Adults - not so much.

Thanks again for the award. Your story, your blog, and your extraordinary daughter never fail to inspire me to be a better mom, person and friend.

Nothing "ordinary" about that at all.

Joni
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the nomination!
Heather said…
Well,what can I say except I feel not only are Ivey and Zoey kindred spirits but you and I as well.This journey we walk,becomes lighter when the load is carried and shared by others.I come here, to you to Ivey, to your family and I am immediately rallied.Ready to face the tomorrows,what ever may come.I derive such joy from our faraway friendship.This place,this space brings laughter and tears and all that is real.Thanks for the award but more importantly,thank you for Ivey and you,her incredible momma.

I'll be posting and awarding after the latest BS passes over ... unreal,don't you think?Thanks for your words.As always.
Megan said…
Thank you, Gwen, for including me on this list. I am very touched and honored that you follow our little family. I check your blog just about every day to see what's up with Miss Ivey and to connect with you, whether you know it or not!
xoxo
Megan

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES........

Submitting to Lack of Control

When Ivey was a baby, I literally had drawers and spaces in her closet labeled, everything had a space, a place.  One special friend loved showing off Ivey's closet to newbies coming by for a visit. This level of organization mystified my friend. Secretly, I wanted to go back to haphazardness.  Justifying why I did this is simple.  At the time, I had friends helping me with my laundry, as were my mom and some night nurses.  With so many people, I found it more efficient, for all of us, to label everything.  No one had to search or guess where things belonged.   This approach to find order has only amplified with time. I have come to accept that being Ivey's mom has brought out a controlling aspect in my personality. For the record, I have always found peace in order and organization.  It could be described as controlling, maybe.  Ivey ramped up my need for order. On her hard days, or in times leading up to what I know will be hard, my need for order raises it’s merciless head. 

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans was born Tuesday April, 25th at 5:26 a.m. She weighed 5 lbs 11 oz and is 17 inches long. She has beautiful long fingers and toes like Gwen, and her hair is dark like Matt's. She loves to be touched and is happiest when she is being held. Ivey is a strong little one who is breathing on her own. Her strength is a blessing as she will face some challenges in the future. The initial genetic testing showed Ivey has a partial deletion of chromosome 21. There are many tests pending, and as we find out more, we will let everyone know those results. She has a double cleft palate and a cleft lip which will require surgery at some point in the future. She is blind. She has had one hearing test which will be repeated due to the noisy NICU. The aortic valve in her heart has 2 leaflets instead of 3, but despite this, her heart is working wonderfully. Currently, she has a feeding tube in her nose, and she is learning how to nurse from a bottle. Once her feeding is successfu