Skip to main content

Broadsided at 10:30 on Saturday night....

Sometimes right in the most unexpected moment a prayer gets answered. Literally, right when you don't even have the challenge sitting on your fore brain -where it never seems to leave - poof, the most unexpected happens. It's not the solution to the obstacle we thought we were prepping for, but then again, is it ever, has it ever? Not the solution we were gearing for, we don't even know if it can happen, but potentially the road we were preparing to travel just changed. Nothing is even certain, we are still standing like deer in the headlights this morning, wondering if what we think could happen really might have just presented its self, but a possibly stands before us, one that wasn't there in our wildest dreams......And maybe the prayer's not completely answered, not even close, but the door just cracked open. And sometimes a crack is all you need. Maybe now he's sitting up there looking down on us ... watching.... and wondering what we'll do with this opportunity he just presented....one we didn't even see coming. I think he has that smirk on his face, saying 'See, you were trying to do this without me, I just showed you...didn't I. Maybe you should have a little more faith...in me'

And it's much better than anything we could have dreamed in our wildest dreams. I'm giddy. Oh my goodness..

Comments

Megan said…
Patiently waiting to find out what all this is about!
Lori Barfield said…
I'm hoping with you even though I have no idea what to hope for today! It's wonderful to hear such anticipation in your words.
Danny McAuliffe said…
Oh you did not just leave me hanging here did you??

Waiting ... and praying for you as you and your giddy self wait as well.
Angela said…
I am very excited for you all that God is opening a new door for you, and sound like even more than you thought you could have ask for. We do serve a Wonderful God, and he does always know what is best for us even when we have no clue. I am very curious what this is all about though. Please give us more info soon.
Sheila said…
Wow, you really know how to keep people hanging don't you! Whatever it is though, I'm very excited for you. :o)
Unknown said…
Although we've never met, I feel like I know you. Over the last couple of years, my daughter Taylor has fallen completely in love with your family, and she has so much respect for you. I want to thank you for being the inspiration you have been to her. The word I hear so often when she talks about you is AMAZING, and from her stories and your blog entries, I believe she's right on target. Allowing her to spend time with your family has had an incredible impact on her life and her future. Sometimes we don't see it right away but the Lord always has a plan, and we've always known he has a special plan for Taylor. I can't wait to meet you and thank you in person for allowing my special girl to spend time with your special girl (and boys)!

Until then,
Dianne Paul

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES........

Submitting to Lack of Control

When Ivey was a baby, I literally had drawers and spaces in her closet labeled, everything had a space, a place.  One special friend loved showing off Ivey's closet to newbies coming by for a visit. This level of organization mystified my friend. Secretly, I wanted to go back to haphazardness.  Justifying why I did this is simple.  At the time, I had friends helping me with my laundry, as were my mom and some night nurses.  With so many people, I found it more efficient, for all of us, to label everything.  No one had to search or guess where things belonged.   This approach to find order has only amplified with time. I have come to accept that being Ivey's mom has brought out a controlling aspect in my personality. For the record, I have always found peace in order and organization.  It could be described as controlling, maybe.  Ivey ramped up my need for order. On her hard days, or in times leading up to what I know will be hard, my need for order raises it’s merciless head. 

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans was born Tuesday April, 25th at 5:26 a.m. She weighed 5 lbs 11 oz and is 17 inches long. She has beautiful long fingers and toes like Gwen, and her hair is dark like Matt's. She loves to be touched and is happiest when she is being held. Ivey is a strong little one who is breathing on her own. Her strength is a blessing as she will face some challenges in the future. The initial genetic testing showed Ivey has a partial deletion of chromosome 21. There are many tests pending, and as we find out more, we will let everyone know those results. She has a double cleft palate and a cleft lip which will require surgery at some point in the future. She is blind. She has had one hearing test which will be repeated due to the noisy NICU. The aortic valve in her heart has 2 leaflets instead of 3, but despite this, her heart is working wonderfully. Currently, she has a feeding tube in her nose, and she is learning how to nurse from a bottle. Once her feeding is successfu