12.30.2009

It's 5:13 pm

and I am heading out to pick up the boys and Ivey from their grandparents. I just finished "spring cleaning" here on the eve of New Year's eve. Love the idea of a fresh start all the way around.

I am hesitant to actually leave the house. The reason, once I pull out of the drive way I am headed straight to the Salvation Army. I have finally purged some of Ivey's things and decided that no matter how much sentimental value they have, they have to go. The memories and pictures are still here. But this year to move into the new year, I need to let go of some material things. Ivey is good, healthy and happy. Smiling. Signing. Playing. Communicating. Going to school. Trying to stand. Wanting to walk. Loving her friends. And she is loved. So, good bye reminders of a time that was hard, a time that swirls with a undefinable sadness. Oh, without a doubt I know where we have been-we don't need things to remind us. Thank you everyone who blessed us with some of these things during a time that we survived only with your love. I invite you to journey on through this new era - yet still a new normal.

And the best part, I can not fathom where we are going.

Today Ivey got a new cross from some one very special. It has one of my favorite pieces of scripture.

"Walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Perfectly said for the New Year - that's my resolution.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sending you much love.Thank you for blessing all of us with your honesty and wisdom,which in turn lends great strength for my very own journey with Zoey.

Love the passage and oh so fitting for Miss Ivey,as well as the rest of your beautiful,beautiful family.

Happy New Year my far away friend.

Jennifer said...

Love this sweet post. Happy New Year indeed!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...