10.12.2009

treat today as your last day

Hi everyone.
I must apologize that things have dropped off so much lately. But like most people, I have needed to take some time away from blogging. Time has been limited around here. Of course, limited time is good, things are great - Maybe that is part of it. Ivey is growing and so happy right now. Ivey and her brothers are the priority so I hope that you don't mind if I take a few more weeks off. Just know that in the silence here on the computer that it is not quite so silent here at home. Ivey is absolutely loving school! She is really beginning to progress. And as for the boys, they are boys. Actually I have one with a broken arm right now! And my sweet husband is about to turn a milestone birthday in the next couple of weeks. So hang in here with us, but for the first time in a long time - things are normal, of course our normal, but all the same....normal. Oh, and don't give up on the Dawgs, I don't know what is going on with them this season. See you all in a few weeks. I am sure there will be some great stories to rehash!

I really appreciate all of the support that everyone has given here over the past few years. You all have given us strength, especially me. Being a mama in so much unchartered territory is so very scary. I have needed all the hugs from near and far from everyone and especially the other moms walking through this 'new normal' too. I hope that you all relish the goodness/calmness that seems to be coming your way and our way now - it has been a long time coming. Gwen

5 comments:

Heather said...

Such a great post to pop on to.Feeling similar to you lately.What was that that you once said about kindred spirits?Loving hearing about your amazing,inspiring "normal".It feels good doesn't it?Such a long time coming.Thank you for continuing to take us along on your beautiful journey.Love from California.

Anonymous said...

Love you Gwen. Rest and refresh!! Enjoy your Fall!!
Love, Jill
www.ibfamlife.wordpress.com

The Rutland Family said...

Gwen, it was so great to finally meet Miss Ivey the other night (I haven't seen her since she was tiny). As I held her, I knew that I was holding a miracle. I hope I get to teach that precious miracle in a few years. Thank you for sharing her sweet story with all of us!!!!

Timothy Ethan said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. So inspiring! You will be missed during your time away. I hope the little ones arm heals quickly. I have nominated your blog for the Lemonade Award.

Donna

FlyFreeMyBooks said...

Hi Gwen,
So glad to hear that goodness/calmness is coming your way! You definately deserve it! And so glad to hear that Ivey is loving school and making good progess! I hope things continue to shine on you and your family. I love reading all your posts about life, but definately understand there being little time for blogging and spending on the computer. Hugs to you all!
Sheila & Grace

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...