2.10.2009

Super Trouper

We have discovered that Ivey loves ABBA. She gets it naturally from her daddy, he loves ABBA too. We have been dancing to the Mama Mia! soundtrack and she LOVES it! Of course it also entails the two of us dancing and bouncing around the kitchen together. Her favs so far are Super Trouper, Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! and Take A Chance On Me. (and Mama Mia) Unfortunately you will not see video of this considering it would have to include my singing and dancing too. I'll leave it to the imagination, but she gets the biggest grin and giggle.

This is suprising to me considering that she loves HipHop. I am pretty sure that is because of the bass. Normally we are the minivan at the redlight that will make your car windows shake - now that is an image for you.

5 comments:

Karen said...

We were just listening to Mama Mia this morning. The kids love it.

Your mentioning Ivey loving a good bass made me think of Evelyn Glennie. Check her out.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/evelyn_glennie_shows_how_to_listen.html

Having issues posting, apologies if this posts multiple times. :-)

Shannon said...

oh man, I'm laughing. Hip hop huh? It is true though. On the TV I turn it to the hip hop channel sometimes and darn it if the kids are dancing. Ya got to admit hip hop makes you want to boogie.

You go girl"s"
-Shannon in Austin

Heather said...

Rock on Miss Ivey.And Gwen ... I'll pay cold hard cash for the video.Love to you all.

Girl Raised in the South said...

That is a delightful image - love it! Anytime I hear music at the light, I look over to see who it is, and it always makes me smile to see people rockin' and boppin' in their cars. And Mama Mia - I've seen it twice, bought the DVD and probably I need to ask for the soundtrack for my birthday. 'Take a Chance on Me' - love it - couldn't we all say that!

Lori Barfield said...

You've got to try Steve Wonder then. He is how we make it through the winter. Go with Supersition or Signed, Sealed, Delivered --ooooh even better is I Wish (why did those days ever have to go - remember that one? It has a fabulous bass line). She's got great taste.

Lori

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...