2.22.2009

Dialogue in the Dark

Last night a group of 'Us' went to Atlanta to experience the exhibit Dialogue in the Dark. We had a great time and are grateful for everyone who went on the little adventure with us. I think we all walked away from the exhibit with a new found perspective of how fortunate we are to have our five senses in working order. However, I think some of us may realize that our hearing is not quite up to par like we thought. Matt and I want all of you who went to know how much we appreciate your time and how thankful we are to have you all in our lives. That also includes everyone who could not work the night out between sitters and other functions to go with us.

For anyone interested here is a site about Dialogue in the Dark. And for anyone who can get away, this is definitely an 'experience' you do not want to miss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including us, Gwen. All day long I've thought about this eperience...how thankful I am for sight and how our society doesn't do nearly enough for the visually impaired and blind. Your family continues to push us outside the box in which we've always lived. I love the lessons that Ivey continues to teach us!

Allison

Heather said...

How amazing.I see that it is only in Atlanta and Kansas City.If it comes our way I would so love to experience that.They are in Milan,Italy ... you think I could get away? Thank you for opening all of our eyes to a bit of your world.Ivey's world.

Tink said...

I would LOVE to experence this! But they dont have it anywhere near me..

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...