4.17.2008

Optimism

The week so far has been a little on the wild side, but at least it has not been boring. However, I think I would like to find some boredom for awhile.

Basically, Ivey had another seizure on Monday night. This time is was much worse than any I have ever seen her have thus far. Luckily Matt was home for this one. So before I go any further I want to say a special thank you to everyone who helped us Monday night. That special group includes grandparents, a neighbor, a Godmother, a friend and the ER staffs at both Floyd and Scottish Rite. What we do without all of You?

We did get Ivey to the ER at Floyd after I administered her Diastat which had absolutely no affect. Fifty minutes later with a one time attempt at an IV and two medications her seizure finally subsided. The rest of the details I just don't want to relive right now. After she was stabilized we transferred her to Scottish Rite, where we spent the night. The neurologist checked in on her frequently and decided to make medication adjustments and let us go home. Now we wait to see if the medications are leveling off or if they will still need to be adjusted. Hopefully, we are getting to a resting point again.

Now for the OPTIMISTIC bright side ….. Next week Ivey will have her second birthday. Nothing big this year. We are saving up for the following week when she goes in for a sleep study and the POSSIBILIY of getting her trach out. That would be the best birthday present she could receive!!

We are all pretty tired this week. With the events that took place Monday night both Matt and I lost one full night asleep. I have to say he amazes me. We got to Scottish Rite around midnight and after we were settled in the ER he left for home. He probably pulled back in to Rome somewhere around 4:00 am. Then our middle child had him back up at 5:30 am and he still worked hard all day long. I don't know how he does it, but I am so thankful that we have him.

Maybe I will come up with something a little more entertaining for the next post. As for now we are taking it easy and praying for subsiding seizures.

g

6 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Here's praying Ivey gets her birthday wish - and Happy #2 Birthday to a lovely little missy!

Anonymous said...

Dang Nab It! I was so hoping that the seizures were under control. I really hope they get the right medications at the right levels for her soon, so you can all have some peace in your life. I am still saying my prayers, keeping my fingers and toes crossed, and sending as many good vibes your way as I can, hoping that her sleep study goes well and she can get her trach out. I hope she has a peaceful, quiet, seizure-free birthday!
Love,
Sheila

Karen Owens said...

Trach Free? That would be the best gift ever! Go Ivey -- you are such a strong little girl.

Rachel said...

Gwen
Praying for rest for you and your family and for Ivey's seizures to subside.
Hugs and Prayers
Rachel in PA

Anonymous said...

I too am hoping Ivey gets her b'day wish!

Sorry to hear about her recent seizures again, really hope they can be stabilised.

Can't wait to see pics of her 2nd b'day!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I came by to check up on Miss Ivey. I am sorry to hear about the seizures and hoping they don't indicate some underlying problem. I loved the toothbrush video! Darn near made me cry to see how well she did finding the bucket with it. She is a doll and I'm just so happy for you all planning her 2nd birthday. What a beautiful milestone.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...