10.25.2007

Since so many people wonder....

and we did too, we will show you some pictures. No they are not round like marbles, they are shaped more like a shell, concave. The conformers were too, but it was almost impossible to take a picture of them since they are clear.

Ivey's eyes come out. I take them out with a little blue suction cup or she can pop them out herself. She has not attempted to take them out yet. I wash them with soap and water and put them back in.

We don't mind sharing these pictures because we have all been curious about Ivey's conformers and prosthetics at some point.

My favorite part of Ivey's new prosthetic, she sleeps so peacefully. She can sleep with her eyes completely closed for the first time since she left the NICU many moons ago. No more little knobs sticking out.





Pictures courtesy of Lowery :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ivey i love you so much! you lift me up! when i look at you i see all the wonders that god can do!

Renee said...

She looks like a totally different little girl sleeping so sweetly. And the curly hair in the back. Love it!

Karen Owens said...

Did you ever think you'd be having a photo shoot with prostheic eyes--Oh how life changes! She is so beautiful sleeping!

SabrinaT said...

AWW! I just want to give her a big squeeze!! What a precious baby....

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what is the song that plays when I open your blog. Thanks, Okie Nana

Shannon said...

Absolutely amazing. Thankful for the docs who can make these.....oh so awesome hands/minds. Ivey, you are gorgeous :) Sleeping babies are just so delightfully sweet.
Shannon and Family in Austin

Linda said...

I am so happy for Ivey. It has been awhile since I have commented, but I have been stopping by periodically. I missed her milestone and I am sorry for that. Her eyes are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

How interesting! What a blessing that she sleeps so soundly with her new prosthetics. :0)

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Made me smile BIG to think of sweet Ivey sleeping so peacefully now. Some well deserved sleep for that little one.

Anonymous said...

How lovely for Ivey to be able to sleep with her eyes closed with her new prosthesis!

Tink said...

Ivey is Amazing and so full of Beauty and light, I am left in AWE everytime I see the pictures you post. She possesses rare gifts she will share with all lucky enough to know her.
Brightest Blessings to ALL.

Leslie said...

I love, love, love the picture of her sleeping. ♥

That is just beyond cool. Thank you for sharing!

:)

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...