9.10.2007

uhhhh...

I have been trying to create some exemplary title to this post just to portray the emotional ride of this past week. Can't think of one-my mind is mush. So quickly I will condense the madness of the past week into a few short sentences and pictures and forgo the minute details and give the great overhaul.

Last Tuesday Ivey had another seizure. For the record, I should not get so worked up over them – they are here to stay- just part of it. We just need to nail down what and why these might be happening. For now, they are happening because of her genetic condition, which basically say ‘no one knows’. However, for the record, they scare the daylights out of ya. Hence, we (me, Matt and Ivey) spent the day here in the ER. Thanks to M. and T. for picking the boys up from school. Wednesday while I was taking Walk to school, she had another one. Therefore the neurologist wanted her at the Scottish Rite ER. Hence, we (me, Stacy and Ivey) spent the entire day and evening in the Scottish Rite ER. Matt and my dad held down the home front. Thursday early am the neurologist decided he wanted Ivey in his office, which is across the street from Scottish Rite. This time we (me, my dad and Ivey) spent the day in his office and in traffic while Beth and Willie held down the home front. Friday I canceled her appointment at Scottish Rite which had been planned for two months. Enough is enough.

That brings us to this weekend. Walker had one heck of a birthday weekend. So, yes we are exhausted, but wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Day One:
The Tailgate








Going for BugJuice








The Game











Cake made by Gran-Gran (my dad)









Day Two: A few of Walker's friends from school


Back in the saddle again.......
Can you guess which book we are reading right now?
You got it. It's Wilbur. We decided to name the spotted pig Fern, and she is a he. We even had chicks. Surprisingly they all made it through the day. Even though Walker tried to wring one's neck. Literally - he almost loved them to death.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear Ivey had another seizure. I think you are completely normal to feel worried when you see this happen, I don't think I could ever get used to seeing my child have seizures either!

I absoulely love the tractor b'day cake, my husband has a tractor almost identical.

Love to you all,
Sarah

Just Tera said...

What a great birthday idea! I love the web in the tree! Hope they find some answers for you soon.

Renee said...

Wow, you did have quite the week, didn't you? Hope this one brings a little more rest for you all.

That's so sweet that your dad make the birthday cake!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I am amazed at all you accomplish in a week, or a day for that matter. The party looked amazing! I almost cried when I read the caption that your dad made the cake. Now that is blessing! My thoughts are with you as you try to find answers for the seizures and help Ivey with her very special sentimental walker.

Lei said...

I'm sorry - I don't think that's something I could ever "get used to"! (((hugs)))

Harriette said...

Hey Gwen

it's a Starnes here-

I LOVE the soap-bubble story
and the "wilber pig" - hope to see my baby cousins soon (UGA ? )

Love all of you!!

Annzie

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...