9.03.2007

kindred spirits

Ivey continues to be graciously blessed. Last Thursday Ivey stood in her very own stander for the first time. Bittersweet is the only word to describe the moment – the memory. Earlier this summer a family lost their little girl. The family knew of Ivey and decided to pass Maddie’s equipment on to Ivey. Humbly we accept the equipment that will help to change Ivey’s life and help to give her wings. As overjoyed as we are, it is unimaginable the road as to which we come to this place. Bittersweet.

Thank you. Words can not say enough.

6 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

How sweet and thoughtful of them! Ivey looks so adorable in it. You can see how long she is. I love how she leans into her Daddy's hand when he touches her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It is just lovely to see Ivey in her stander!

Words can not describe the gesture of these kind people and also what it must be like for you all to see her standing.

Love to you all

Leslie said...

Her picture in the upper-left hand corner is bea.u.ti.ful. Love it.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

HOw beautiful of them!!! It must make every moment with the equipment all the more special.

Gwen - I think with my email crash awhile ago I lost your email address. Could you email me at info @ 5minutesformom.com (remove spaces) THANKS!!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

hey girl - I need you to email me! Bitty Braille wants to make a special Tee Shirt for Ivey and I don't have your email address.

email me at info @ 5minutesformom.com
(remove spaces)

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...