7.10.2007

Hoot Owls and {us}

Ivey tends to be a terrible sleeper..........at night.

Ivey is nocturnal and she doesn't really sleep during the day. So what does that make her?

I guess we could chalk it up to several things. One she has to be suctioned, but that happens during the day. Or maybe, that she gets hot from her heated trach collar (HTC). Better yet, she has company all night long. Maybe it is because she doesn't see the sun rise or set. At one point, I blamed it on the LACK of NOISE during the night hours...remember the boys are asleep. I really don't think it is any of the above.

Ivey is our party girl. We are doomed. Our 14 month old is starting a precedent that probably cannot be undone. She does not need or demand sleep. Some nights she kicks so hard in her crib that she wakes me. I just heard her making noise over her trach. If she had her passy on her trach, she would be partying it up in there...loudly. I will show you a picture of that little device later. Well good night all....except for Ivey.

Oh, one more thing. Read about Emma at {us}. She is one of the reasons that I love the internet. She makes me excited about things to come. Emma also has bilateral anophthalmia, but she already has prosthetics. She also has a great imagination, so does her mom. Can you imagine trying to explain fireworks to someone who is blind?

g.

2 comments:

Borbe Bunch said...

So a party girl, uh?? :)
Ez Man will be up for hours during the night too...he is quiet though, if I happen to wake up, I check on him and he is often just looking around in the dark, very calm...does that make him a nerd then??? :) he he...cause he is not kicking about and making sounds?
No, really, I love reading about your life and LOVE for your sweet Ivey...it is so refreshing to read that other families have a new kind of norm that is called life for them and that they love it just the same!
:) liz

Just Tera said...

You're too kind. Emma has taught me what true imagination is I am the student in this relationship. Stars and fireworks are what I struggle with the most when trying to describe it to her.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...