6.14.2007

Paris Who???

It is great to get out and about and have people tell me how pretty Ivey looks and how excited they are at all her new accomplishments, even from some I do not know very well, or for that matter, some I have never met. For example, I was heading into a store about a month ago looking for a birthday gift for one of the boy’s friends. A lady followed me into the store; no actually, she was following Ivey. She asked me if I was Ivey’s mom and if this was precious Ivey. The sweet lady wanted to meet Ivey because she has been praying for her. A short time into her conversation with Ivey she looked up at me and said, “I assumed that the baby was Ivey.” In short, their aren’t that many little girls being hauled around in a stroller along with a blue feeding pump bag, a suction machine in a green bag, a diaper bag, two blonde boys in tow, and most likely a stick horse or something that has to do with horses. Oh yeah, and a mom carrying almost all of it on her shoulders, while trying to hold the two boys hands and push the stroller. As you can see, we are very discreet people amidst Ivey’s stardom.

At the same time, I thoroughly lavish in bragging on my little girl. For the first time, I feel like I am not hiding her struggles or downplaying hard days. Life is good. Her life is better. And, I am becoming increasingly aware that more people than I realized keep up with Ivey through her blog. I am amazed each day our community and beyond, love Ivey, cheer for her and want to be part of her life, even if it is via a computer screen. I just wanted to say our family is grateful. Thank You.

7 comments:

Renee said...

Brag away, Gwen! You have lots to be thankful for and brag on. :) I'm glad you've reached this point in Ivey's life where you can look past all the hard times and see her for what she really is. A pure joy. I never thought I'd get there with our son, but there are now days where I honestly forget that he has DS...and I am very thankful for those days.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, I wish I lived closer so I could get to see you and your entourage (and maybe carry a bag or two)! I am so excited to know that things are getting a *little* easier and that she is doing so well! I can "hear" your sigh of relief (acceptance?) across the computer screen. God is faithful.

PS-Love that little bit of hair she's growing - she's got a little flip-thing going. Precious!

Connie Barris said...

Isaiah 27

(3)I..the Lord.. watch over her-Ivey
...continually
... day and night
so that no one may harm..her

(6)and the day will come when she will bud and blossom and fill all the world with her fruit....

and the Lord has been so faithful

I am so happy for you and your family that you can enjoy the days and pick the fruit

blessings Ms Gwen..

love you guys

Mom to 4 said...

I am one of those people who read, but don't post much. I love to see how Ivey is doing. It reminds of God's miraculous ways. We are all so lucky to have the opportunity to glance into Ivey's life via your blog. Thank you so much for allowing us to do that. I know sometimes it has to be hard to just put everything out there, but you do a great job of helping us understand your hard times (and good ones too!). You and your family are such a blessing. We are continually praying for you!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I could see the smile on your face as I read this post. :) What a blessing to hear that your days are so much brighter. May the Lord continue to bless your family and sweet little Ivey.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Thank you. For your honesty and sharing and letting us indeed learn from your trials so we don't remain ignorant. Ivey is beautiful. She needs to be shown off! Can't wait to see what she decides to do next!

Leslie said...

Oh I wish, wish, wish I could have seen y'all!

I think it's the momma in us that just wants to protect them...

We were at a birthday party for a friend not long after Jack was born. A friend of their's at the party let us know they'd prayed for Jack and us...it was surreal. I knew people were saying they were praying, but to hear a total stranger tell us that we were indeed being prayed for, that meant so much. I knew it was true and that they were sincere.

Ivey has touched so many in such a short period of time... ♥ .

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...