4.10.2007

St. Piux

There were a few posts over the past couple weeks that might have been a little more than what you asked for. Let me explain. Two weekends ago, Father Peter asked that I give testimony at an event walking through the Stations of the Cross in preparation for the events of Easter. Some of you may remember Father Peter, if not go HERE to recall his role in Ivey’s life. This brief introduction in a restaurant has proven for some very pivotal moments in the past eleven months. No need to explain the subject or content of the testimony. It is all here, for the most part.

The Via Cruscis was a very powerful day. I had the honor of meeting several people with their own personal challenges that represent the cross that they carry-every moment of every day. Everyone had their own unique path of suffering----suffering meaning trials or hardships.

I fear public speaking as much as the next person, but it was somewhat liberating to speak aloud the events of the past year and the hardships that we will face in the future. I had planned on telling more about the day; however, I do not know where to begin.

Ivey will have surgery on her eye this Friday. Friday the 13th!! The surgery should be out-patient. (Keep your fingers crossed!)

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

My husband was born on Friday April the 13th... and he has been such a blessing....
so great things happen on this day...
I will be praying as always.
Connie

Sarah said...

I'm praying for her recovery to be quick, quick, quick!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...