Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Lone Ranger



The Big Brother.
After Ivey's lip surgery.














The Lone Ranger with Silver.









Always the Caretaker.






Knox and Cappie.







March 10th.............................................
The day that life changed. It happened one week earlier than it was supposed to. I was a Teacher on Friday. I became a Mom on Monday.

That was four years ago.

It has been four years of wonders.

Boys will be boys. Who ever had the great idea that things were gender neutral, well, they have not visited our house. They are different. Having a husband did not prepare me for life with boys, many things I thought my husband did to drive me crazy, well they just do instinctively. Anything can be turned into a lasso or gun. There was a two and half year old potty training declaring to me that he could stand. Never mind the fact he was too short for 'it' to reach the toilette. What do you do? Heed all warnings and use only designated toilets in our house. Life with my first boy has been a great adventure.

Knox is our big dreamer. He is our cowboy. He has evolved from the Duke to the Lone Ranger. He wears full costume where ever we go. Just a month or so ago, Wesley and Miranda were taking the boys out for the day. Knox was in his mask, cowboy hat, boots and with his stick horse 'Silver'. Wesley asked Knox if he wanted to leave those things at home. Ah, what Wesley did not know was Knox had more than one mask that Wesley could wear too!! A true cowboy.

This will be our first year without a horse cake and a cowboy theme. He decided he wanted Batman. It is our own little Toy Story over here. Did you know that Batman wears cowboy boots? And… Batman also has a Bat-horse. But, Knox explained to me that he wanted to save the world, and put it back together. I sure hope he does.

Happy Birthday Big Brother!!!!!

Comments

Lei said…
Oh for cute. Boys are a whole different ball game, that's for sure!

And I had to laugh at him not quiet "reaching"... Drew tries to stand, too. Heck, every other male in the house does it!
Alison Beasley said…
Happy Birthday Knox!!!

I miss you (and Cappie) and think about you often. I never end my bedtime prayer without mentioning "Knox and his baby sister Ivey". I frequently ask to see pictures of you on the website. Wish I was closer to Rome!Hope to see you soon.

Your Friend,
Cade Beasley
Kathy said…
I was fortunate in that my daughter potty trained Skyler, it was years before he realized he could stand. Boys certainly do give you a different perspective on your husband, I never knew they just came out of the womb doing all those things that drive you crazy.


Happy Birthday Knox!!!
Connie Barris said…
I remember when Chyenne came home from school and said you had your baby...

Happy Birthday to the special guy..

Raising boys is definitely different that raising girls... big smile

May God bless his life...
Leslie said…
"It is our own little Toy Story over here..." I love it!

We have a cowboy too. And quite a musician too.

Happy Birthday, Knox.

=)
I love that age! Knox is precious - not just cute, but already becoming a gentleman of character. You are blessed.
Hoosier Writer said…
Hello! After stumbling across your blog, just had to write you! You told how your son is such a Lone Ranger fan. I have loved the Lone Ranger for 50 years and am a co-chair of our local Lone Ranger Festival. As you know, the Lone Ranger began on WXYZ Radio in Detroit before moving into TV in the 1950's. The radio Lone Ranger, Barce Beemer, was born in our town, and it is our honor and delight to host a summer festival. My dad tells me how my grandfather would never miss the Lone Ranger when Dad was a kid. The Lone Ranger has influenced millions of people down through the years . . . he stood for justice, honor, honesty, integrity, truthfullness, and for America. Each year we work with the chldren in our community, trying to help educate these youngsters on not only the integrity of the Masked Man but also of Brace, who LIVED as the Lone Ranger. He spent untold hours visiting children in hospitals and such. So, upon discovering another young fan like this, I would be more than willing to send him a few souvenirs from the festival, if you would like. In my opinion, children NEED GOOD heros. And if you ever listen to the shows, (I listen to a lot on CD), the Ranger always imparts something good to his listeners. There is just so much good things to say about the Lone Ranger, and you can see I still love him. I don't know how you can reach me, but if you do, and would like your son to have some items of the Lone Ranger, please let me know. Otherwise, God bless. Diane

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTIFUL GREEN EYES........

Submitting to Lack of Control

When Ivey was a baby, I literally had drawers and spaces in her closet labeled, everything had a space, a place.  One special friend loved showing off Ivey's closet to newbies coming by for a visit. This level of organization mystified my friend. Secretly, I wanted to go back to haphazardness.  Justifying why I did this is simple.  At the time, I had friends helping me with my laundry, as were my mom and some night nurses.  With so many people, I found it more efficient, for all of us, to label everything.  No one had to search or guess where things belonged.   This approach to find order has only amplified with time. I have come to accept that being Ivey's mom has brought out a controlling aspect in my personality. For the record, I have always found peace in order and organization.  It could be described as controlling, maybe.  Ivey ramped up my need for order. On her hard days, or in times leading up to what I know will be hard, my need for order raises it’s merciless head. 

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans

Ivey Elizabeth Sirmans was born Tuesday April, 25th at 5:26 a.m. She weighed 5 lbs 11 oz and is 17 inches long. She has beautiful long fingers and toes like Gwen, and her hair is dark like Matt's. She loves to be touched and is happiest when she is being held. Ivey is a strong little one who is breathing on her own. Her strength is a blessing as she will face some challenges in the future. The initial genetic testing showed Ivey has a partial deletion of chromosome 21. There are many tests pending, and as we find out more, we will let everyone know those results. She has a double cleft palate and a cleft lip which will require surgery at some point in the future. She is blind. She has had one hearing test which will be repeated due to the noisy NICU. The aortic valve in her heart has 2 leaflets instead of 3, but despite this, her heart is working wonderfully. Currently, she has a feeding tube in her nose, and she is learning how to nurse from a bottle. Once her feeding is successfu