3.06.2007

The Benefit of using Dr. Scholls

So, one year is almost up. Whew!
Before it ends, let's take a trip or two down memory lane.


Running had finally taken its toll on us. Our feet became the problem. They hurt - our tendons were all out of whack. Lauren was the first to tell me that her feet ached, and bad. Thank goodness, I thought I would die if I took one more step. I immediately diagnosed myself with the same problem. I scheduled an appointment with my doctor to tell her my foot woos and to make sure I had diagnosed myself properly. Rarely, rarely, do I ever go to the doctor.

There I was sitting in her office with her looking at my feet - brave woman. She said, "I think you are right, it is plantar something or other. You need to take an anti-inflammatory and stop running - for a few months. (Seriously?) Before I prescribe something, do you think you are pregnant?"

"Are you kidding? NO. Who has time to make babies with two little boys running around all day? Who has the energy? Knox is two and Walker is not even one - that just sounds insane. We would be insane. Really."

Again she said jokingly, "Maybe we should do a pregnancy test just to double check."

Confidently, "I am positive I am not pregnant."

She did a test-

I looked up and the nurse was standing in the doorway with a HUGE smile.

Moral of this story: Never ever go to the doctor for foot problems. Use doctor Scholls.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the tip. I will definintly avoid the doctor for foot problems.

Whitney said...

Too funny! I am glad I got some comic relief tonight. I guess I'd better cancel my appointment. Lord knows I don't need any more children right now!

Leslie said...

I want to see YOUR foot doctor!! We are as infertile as the day is long!

I just learned how to link today (I know...I'm lightning fast at this blogging thing) and wanted to know if I could link you.

???

Erin said...

How completely funny is that! I had no idea that was how you found out that you were pregnant!! Too funny!!

I haven't heard that song that you mentioned in your comments. I will have to go to itunes and check it out!! I loved what you said about the smell of baby lotion. . . That will forever take me back. I really will be sad for these days to go and school days to come. . . I love having everyone home. Thankfully, I have one more year!! :-)

Mayhem And Miracles said...

What a fun story! I had no idea a foot doctor would be so insistant. Figured she would just take your word for it. But what lovely news she gave you. Ivey is such a bundle of blessing.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Oh My, you have the best stories of how you and you hubby found out about little Ivey.:)

Connie Barris said...

OK Gwen.. this time I got it... The story of Ivey.... LOL

From three fish to sore feet...
what a way to say, "I'm pregnant"

now me--I just threw up and my husband about fainted....we thought we were done... HA

Lacey said...

I'm a reader of yours, just don't usually comment. But I had to for this because that was just about the funniest way to find your expecting! How surprised were you? Bet those hurting feet seem to pale in comparison to that news! :)

I'm always praying for your sweet Ivey. "Every good & perfect gift comes from above.." What a perfect gift! :)

Lacey - AL

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...