2.21.2007

One Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

The day I found out I remember thinking, "Is this physically possible? Are we crazy?" The day Matt found out went like this.....

Knox decided that he wanted a fish. That would be perfect.

We loaded into the then Expedition with our two boys. We drove to a local pet store.

As we were standing over the gerbil pin reminding Knox that we were there for fish, Matt asked, "So how many fish should we get?"

Perfect.

"Three. One for each."

Matt stared blankly at me for a split second. My normally discrete husband forgot that he was standing in the middle of a pet store. "What? You’re p.r.e.g.n.a.n.t? A.G.A.I.N?"

My thoughts "Yes honey, I did this all by myself." Seriously, can it be that big of a surprise? Men.


That's right folks - AGAIN. It was a record. There we were standing with a barely two and a half year old, a barely eleven month old and pregnant again. Three in three years. Insane, but precious.

We took three fish home that day.

7 comments:

Lei said...

How cute! I love that story!

Connie Barris said...

Congratulations....!!!

Sleep.. what is that??

In about ... ummm.. 25 years maybe... but hey what are friends for.. we can come over and camp out.. forget foot rubs... pedicures... we just want you to sleep.. while we watch the kids....
yes... sleep... doesn't that sound wonderful....

Sweeeeeeeeettttttt....

Connie

Connie Barris said...

ps.. and you wouldn't trade a thing...
would you?????

Sweet baby Ivey

Lauren said...

The day I found out went like this...(after a conversation 2 days earlier where you told me that ya'll were "content with 2 boys, 3 children would mean things would have to change. Sure, I would like to have a girl but it would probably be another boy anyway!") We were wrapping up a workout and it is still a little fuzzy, but you said something and I froze and stared at you, and you said "I am pregnant." I fell down onto the bench we were near and was in complete shock. Why was I that shocked the other readers may be wondering? Besides the obvious conversation we had just had...this was my excercise buddy, my running friend, the one I would meet at ungodly hours in the morning when most people are still sleeping to have some much needed "girl time" filled with incredible conversations, whining, and sweat. We loved it! And this news meant that I was going to "lose" this friend for 9 months to a much more important job: Carrying an angel in her womb. So, yes...I was extremely selfish for a few moments and lost my balance. But witnessing this journey/road trip that you and your family are on has been a MUCH bigger blessing to me and my family. Thank you for sharing it, Gwen. I love you very much for it. And remember...we will still be running whenever you have a chance to slow down!!!

Leslie said...

Ohhhh...I love that story! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that story. Now are you pregnant again or is this just a past story?

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Such a clever way to tell him:)

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...