2.26.2007

A Night at The Fabulous Fox

Sunday, February 25th Matt and I celebrated Ivey turning 10 months old. We went to an event at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Our original intentions were to listen to a young man by the name of Patrick Henry Hughes play the piano. Oh, can he play!!

Patrick was also born with bilateral anophthalmia like Ivey. He plays in the marching band at the University of Louisville where he plays trumpet and is pushed around the field in his wheelchair by his incredible father. Patrick appeared recently on the Oprah Winfrey show and has had the opportunity to travel worldwide giving others the chance to hear his music.

We were also privileged to meet and hear Dick Hoyt. He and his son, Rick, form "Team Hoyt". Together they compete around the world in marathons and triathlons. Together they have competed in over 945 athletic events in the last 27 years. It was an amazing story to witness.

Matt and I had the opportunity to meet and speak with Patrick. What an amazing young man!

I encourage you all to be inspired by these two incredible families. Just click on their names to visit their websites.

Patrick Henry Hughes

Team Hoyt

4 comments:

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Our God is so Great that he allowed you to celebrate Ivey's 10 months listening to Patrick! That had to be an encouragement to you.:)

Thanks for sharing these stories with us.

Girl Raised in the South said...

How wonderful - life is to be celebrated, every step of the way. xoxo

Erin said...

That is so neat!! I have heard of the father/son marathon team but not Patrick. What a sweet happy birthday date for you all!!

Borbe Bunch said...

I enjoy your blog and your heart behind what you write...
You wrote about the "club" you and your husband are in and though our situations are not the same, my heart knows exactly what you are saying.
The story of Team Hoyt touches me to the very depths of my soul, for that son is my son...my Ezra.
The thought of him and his father running races together brings me to tears, for we have been blessed with a very special Angel. An Angel that daily teaches me and stretches me. I pray big and dream big for God to use Ezra to touch lives and bring glory to God.
So blessed to read about your life with your three blessings from above.
Praying for you,
A fellow "club" member, Liz

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...