1.01.2007

Happy New Year.

I thought about listing two thousand and six leasons learned in this past year. But, I rethought the idea considering the amount of time it would take to type them- let alone read them..

Wow, we have finished off one interesting year. It started off with the typical resolutions, most of which were silly. As I have looked back over all of the posts, and some that I never actually posted; yet, I saved on my computer, I realize there is nothing to say about those moments that has not already been said. I sit here this afternoon -I think for the first time ever at the end of a year- Fulfilled.

We concluded the new year in the best manner possible. Last night we spent time with friends in our new home. One was an old friend. One was a new friend. The perfect ending to a miraculous year. The perfect beginning to an untold new year!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Happy New Year to you, too!!

Gretchen said...

Gwen, I have been following all the progress with Ivey and the boys and I must tell you that you are my hero.It has taken me a while to decide what I was going to say when I sat down to write and then I remembered it was you and there was no need to overthink.
Gwen, I had to laugh at some of the things you have written because I too have a boy in "training" My oldest is 2 years old almost 3. We are learning how to use the potty standing up also. Tyler insists on doing it himself while I stand by ready to jump out of my skin as I watch pee spray all over my "constantly semi-clean" bathroom. I can identify completely with public bathroom visits as well. I quiver when I watch him put his hands on ANYTHING in the stall, but I simply can't do anything about it with the 10,000 things I have to hold (including Emma- 9 months). As you have said, boys are a true blessing.
The blogs have helped me to "hang out" with you again sort of speak. I can tell that we are still very much the same as we were when we lived together in Rome and life was simple- remember the days? As mommies, we would still get along just as well as we did then. I don't know if you remember but we lived in that apartment for 6 months without cable!!!!! I would not survive now without Noggin, Sprout, The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and many others that I will refrain from listing. Yes, my child is a cartoon junkie- we are seeking therapy.
I wish I could attach pictures but I have no idea how to do that so I will have to wait until I figure it out. Please keep doing all that you are doing. I know there are no guidelines for what to do next and you must feel at a loss from time to time, but you are helping everyone who visits your blog stay strong despite life's struggles. I know Matt must be proud of you. Mike tells me all the time how important I am in the lives of our children. I know Matt must feel the same X 1000.
I miss you and, of course, will be praying for continued strength for you, Matt, Ivey and the boys.
Love,
Gretchen

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Happy New year! May this year be filled with the Lord's blessings on your family!!!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

"A miraculous year." That is a beautiful perspective. It has been a blessing to me to see life from your point of view this year. Thanks for sharing it.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...