12.27.2006

Ashley's Journal

For weeks now I have been following Ashley's Journal. So many times I have stood in awe at this mom. Often I have been told that I am doing a great job with Ivey. But let's be honest here, what other choice do I have? This mom had a choice; she chose to take a child into her home and love her as her own. My heart has broken as I have read her past few posts.

I have sat in a hospital room in the witching hours of the night wondering Ivey's fate. The clicks of the equipment, the alarms, the IV's and needles, the fluctuation of numbers on a computer screen, the medications are all a constant reminder of how fragile life really is. They are constant reminders of the unconditional love for my child. The sounds are constant reminders of choices and decisions that must and will be made. In the witching hours, the sounds are magnified-at times unbearable-other times comforting-either way, as long as I hear the sounds Ivey is okay. I have often wondered about the same things that this mother is enduring. More than likely, I will one day walk in this mom's shoes.

Please click on the link at the side and read Ashley's Journal. Be sure to scroll down and read 'Praying God's Will'. This mom and family needs unwavering encouragement now.

Gwen

2 comments:

Erin said...

Can I just second everything Slim said? She put that wonderfully. I admire you, Gwen. I will go to Ashley's website and read up on her. You and she will be in my prayers. The pictures of your children sleeping are priceless. . .

Connie Barris said...

I read Ashley's journel today, the part about God's will. I can't image the grief of Ashley's parents. And I would imagine my first response would be anger.
But then I would remember that not all those agreed with the Son of God. So those of us that came to do the "will of God" stand in good, no GREAT company. The Bible never said it would be easy.
I would imagine that if we meet opposition along the way, we must be headed in the right direction, just as playing in any game. Not that life is a game but definitely something that God sent us all here as His "Ultimate Plan".
I so admire all you parents who have been given such a journey. I am learning so much from you. I would never dream of judging your character but only standing in awe and praying for you daily.
God be with you all.
Brad and Connie Barris

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...