8.18.2006

This has been a week where you sit back on Friday and think "Thank the Lord it's OVER"! Instead, I have taken a moment, (boys are at grandparents, baby asleep, and husband still at work) reflected and decided "I must be a stronger person today than I was on Monday because I am alive to tell you about it, everyone is healthy, and life is still interesting"! Here I will say,"Thank you God for giving me a life full of living!" Contrary to the previous post, I may be a little more on the insane side too!

I will give you a little overview.

Ivey
Sunday, admitted to hospital. Tooth pulled. Other small complications. Don't worry things turned out okay. Monday evening, released from hospital. Tuesday morning, appointment with orthodontist at Scottish Rite. Tuesday evening, heart monitor alarming. Again, things are okay, just a scare, but never has happened before. Wednesday, she rested. Thursday, appointment with Feeding Clinic at Scottish Rite. Friday, visit with pediatrician to summarize weeks events. Lunch with brothers, mom, Grandmother. Now sleeping peacefully.


Gwen and Matt
Let me just say this week sleep deprivation is taking over. Please do not hold us liable for things we may do or say. (or forget)


Walker and Knox
Monday, tea party for preschool. Tuesday and Wednesday, both at preschool. (Skipped naps.) Thursday, Knox at preschool, Walker had individual time with Grandad. (Walker is now spoiled!) Knox also had a play date with Cappie. (Skipped naps again.) Thursday night, spent night with grandparents.....Friday morning, back here to "help" take Ivey to pediatrician with mom and grandmother.

--Let me interrupt here to say that Knox wanted to make sure Ivey went to Dr.Rogers and not back to the hospital. Knox and Walker found this excrutiatingly boring. Walker also found out he needed a round of his vaccinations...did get shots. He will probably find "helping" with Ivey sometimes does not work to his advantage.--

Lunch. Grandmother returned to Cedartown with boys in-tow.

I could go on and on, but I won't scare you with all of the details. Let me end this by summing up all the events of the week by this one samll dialogue we had today as the boys were getting in the car to travel back to Grandmother's house.

Setting

Knox and Walker are standing in the grass and waiting to climb into Grandmother's car parked next to the curb in front of our house.

Grandmother is opening back door of car so boys can get into car seats.

Gwen: "Mom, watch your step as you turn around. A dog has pooped in the yard behind you."

Grandmother: "Okay."

Knox: "Where Mommy?"

Gwen: pointing. "Right there."

Walker: Turns. Looks. Takes a BIG step. Smiles.......................


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! TGIF, Gwen!!!
Preschool starts for us Monday. Let me know when I can ride along with you & Ivey!

Sarah said...

Wow, Gwen! What a week! I hope this next week is a lot more peaceful (and filled with fewer appointments) than last week was. My prayers are with you:) (And I'm glad to hear your sense of humor is intact, after all the scares earlier in the week.) We ARE stronger than we think, aren't we?

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...