11.05.2009

Gavin Owens

Please keep my friend Karen and her family - especially their Gavin - in your prayers now. I dare not try to tell their story, please visit their blog, read their story, and pray.

Gavin and Ivey are very close in age. Karen and I began keeping in contact not long after we settled in with our 'new' life with our special needs children. We have followed each other along this journey. Gavin is now taking a path that is heartbreaking. The fear of reality is never too far away.

Click here to visit their website:
Gavin Owens
The Owen's Family

5 comments:

Heather said...

They are always,always in our prayers.Sweet,sweet Gavin.She found me through here and we have followed for a very long time their journey ... another gift of Ivey.

Reagan Leigh said...

I think I found Gavin through your site as well! Thank you!!! What a blessing it has been to see this family keeping the faith even through the toughest of times! I have grown to love Gavin as if he were my own and it is breaking my heart to see him like this. Definitely keeping him in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gwen, for giving us a chance to bring this family before Him today in prayer. I know I will.
Love, Jill
www.ibfamlife.wordpress.com

FlyFreeMyBooks said...

I hope this family knows the prayers that are being said for their family today. What an absolute heartbreak.

And hugs to you too Gwen. I know that this must be a very emotional event for you too, always knowing it could be a road you will travel someday. Know my thoughts and prayers are with you too.

Angela said...

Just learned about this family earlier today through your site. Have thought and prayed for this family all day. Couldn't imagine. Hits really hard. This disorder is what one of the Genetics told us that Abigail could have, but another said probally not. Still don't know. Just so hard to hear. Will continue to pray for God to wrap his arms around this whole family!!!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...