10.09.2008

I Win

So far we have not nailed down the eye issue. However, as of this moment, Ivey is not wearing them either. She needs a break, and so do we. Thank you everyone who left advice. We are heeding it all. This is one of those times where we must weigh out Ivey's best interest in light of medical opinion. If she could speak for herself, what would she want? Then again, I think she is speaking loud and clear. She hates those blamed eyes. So do I.

So obviously, I am not the winner in the eye category. But I've got something even better. For my own sake I do not have anything for comparison, so you must all take my word on this……I win-

Not long ago Ivey learned how to sign 'Momma'.


Well, what do you think about this?


Sorry Matt...I Win....That's a 'Momma' if I ever heard one.

Ask Dee, she is my witness!! For the record, Ivey was saying 'Mommma'. But in the time it took me to run to grab the camera and get back she was down to 'Mom'. But Dee was there. She heard it! Don't question it. You can daddy this thing up all you want, but you got the first two, this one is my victory. Momma was first. The girls are sticking together on this one.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Clear as a bell.I'll take a victory like that one, any day of the week!Way to go Ivey .... and mom!

Anonymous said...

That is a definate win!! Brought tears to my eyes. Nothing better than hearing your child say momma for the first time. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ivey! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!
Love
Tami

Shannon said...

WOW. Way to go Ivey. Music to your momma's ears. And all of ours.
Bless you,
Shannon in Austin

Girl Raised in the South said...

Absolutely - that's definitely a 'Momma'! Of everthing they learn to say, that's the top of the list, isn't it!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...