11.18.2007

5 Minutes for Mom Spotlight

Fingers Beware----
Watch out if Ivey's teething, and currently she is! She has a little habit of sweetly taking your hand and then with lightning speed jams it in her mouth. Upon her agility, she bites down with the trauma and force of a snapping turtle or maybe its a shark. Pain will then surge through your poor finger- there is no hope. The more your wiggle your traumatized finger to remove it from her mouth the tighter the vice turns! I am tempted to hang a sign around her that says 'Fingers Beware' until the tiny tooth ruptures through; however, it is kinda comical to watch the unsuspecting victim in agony. Ivey may be small, but she is packed full of punch.

Obviously I am not about to sacrifice my own hand for a little video, but I did get her ripping into her book this morning. If you look closely, you can see her little nose crinkle as she tries to rip the cloth right to shredds.




Thank you 5 Minutes for Mom for posting Ivey in the Spotlight this week. Just click on the pink '5 Minutes for Mom' to see Ivey in the spotlight.

7 comments:

Renee said...

Your interview was great! I especially like the story you told at the end when your oldest got to see Ivey for the first time. It brought tears to my eyes. If you've blogged about that before, I missed it.

And yeah for Ivey getting some teeth! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! She sure was biting on that toy. I loved that picture of her standing by her toy. And her shoes, they are so cute. Thanks for sharing Ivey with us. Okie Nana

Anonymous said...

Made my fingers hurt just watching her! She is such a sweetie! Your interview was super!

Karen Owens said...

That's so funny! Gavin got his first tooth a few weeks ago during our inpatient admission. We had to go back to the hospital yesterday becasue he chewed right through his GJ Tube. I'm so greatful for his first tooth as I was begining to wonder where they were. Now I'm wondering how often we will be at the hospital for hardware repair.

Everyone tries to give me advice on hiding his tubes from him but hey -- We poked the holes in him and stuck the tubes there so why can't he play with them -- they are his!

Ivy is so cute -- She could be a great friend for Gavi!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Oh yes, that looks like it would be painful!!!:)

I love hearing all the background noise. Ivey sure has a loving home to be in!

Borbe Bunch said...

LOVE, love, love her shoes!!! I love girl shoes and clothes, so much fun!!!
GO Ivey with standing, you ROCK :)
and the teething...hang in there mom :), Ez Man has gotten me bad too, he doesn't know what to do...so, I have to grin and bear it and then well...have my finger heal :) I have learned to be quick, you see, every day, he needs some "help" clearing his throat, but now with all his big boy teeth, WATCH out! :)
I have really enjoyed what you have written, I love your heart.
Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!
Lizy

antonia said...

Hi,

I've been following your blog for some time now, with great interest, as I was diagnosed with a 21q deletion about a year ago. I am 22 now, so was only diagnosed when I was 21. Up until diagnosis, I was treated exclusively for my cleft lip and palate. However, due to my own suspicions, I raised my concerns with the cleft team and had a FISH test, which subsequently detected a 21q deletion. As this condition is so rare, and I do not know anybody else with it, I would love to hear from you!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...