6.25.2012

God's Gift in Brothers

I've tried to think of ways to best put these videos into words, but words escape me.  For all the things you see on this sweet little blog, Ivey's personal life, the here and now daily dose, is really non-existent.  You don't really ever see what a real moment, hour or day of her life is really like. How the people in her day-to-day life interact with her.  She is blessed, as are all of us.  We, especially Ivey, are surrounded by amazing people.  Where so often we hear how lucky Ivey is to have us, I'm not so certain in that.  More likely it is the blessing of those who get to chose to be in her life that make her life worth living, give HER value and purpose.  As amazing as she is, it's really those in our lives that are amazing. 

So to give you some background we spent a week this summer with some of our most favorite people in the world.  One, Taylor and Craig were with us, which makes my heart so happy.  Taylor calms me by just being present - I can't begin to tell you the things she does for Ivey's heart...don't even get me started on how much the boys love her, Matt included.  Taylor and Craig complete our little family.  Unfortunately, you won't get a glimpse of them in these videos. 

Two, Ivey's Godfather lives in St. Simons, which completely made my husband's week.  Matt and Greg got to catch up on some lost time.  As for our boys and Ivey this one family lends over three God brothers.  Imagine three more brothers ....  how Susan lives amongst so much testosterone I'll never know.  And as unique as I think my boys are with Ivey, these three boys exceed any description.  They see Ivey as Ivey, a tough, and I mean tenacious, little sister.  They LOVE her.  And unlike most adults ... she doesn't intimidate them in the least..... 

So, when I say Ivey LOVES the water .... Ivey L.O.V.E.S the water, just about as much as she loves her God brothers. 

P.S.  The two moms have managed to go incognito (as usual), always on the other end of the camera. 

Ivey with Cole



Ivey with Brolan









Missing Cole. 

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

No comments:

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...