1.12.2008

Every so often I try to give you a video update and pictures. Ivey is chugging right along these days. She has the whole choo-choo movement going on now and is beginning to pick up her arms and her legs. The way I see it, the hour glass is almost empty. She is about to be mobile. I think the biggest barrier between Ivey and mobility is the link that there are things out there. Once she makes the connection between sound and object, she will be on the prowl.

I have also posted a new version of Ivey is her rocker with her brothers. This is our 'progression' picture, all three sitting in the chair. When I look back through the rocking chair pictures it always makes me smile to see how much they have grown and new things they are doing. When I first started taking this picture, Ivey was tiny and the boys still looked like babies. Now the boys look like boys and Ivey takes up her own space. So here they are all smiles talking away - even Ivey. Notice that she has her finger in her trach so that she is making just as much (if not more) noise than the boys.

Ivey is doing great. Her eye is healing beautifully from her surgery. Have a great weekend!! gwen

10 comments:

Tink said...

Ivey will be moving all over the house very soon!!
Emmy has been sitting here watching the video and replaying it, she sais "Ivey. Too cute"


Brightest Blessings to All.

Jennifer said...

I love, love, love hearing you cheer "Go Ivey Go." It is he soundtrack of her precious life.
Not too long from now she'll be on the move and it will be "Stop, Ivey, stop!" "
;-)

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love the picture of all 3 of them in the chair:) What a beautiful family you have.

And Ivey is soooo close to scootin around! How exciting:)

Lei said...

I gasped when I saw that beautiful picture of her to the right. What a darling child. Yay Ivey, you've come so far!

Borbe Bunch said...

SO very cute, wow she is doing AMAZING, like you wrote, it won't be long and she WILL be on the MOVE!!
Yippee!!!
Thanks for the update video, LOVE it.
Blessings,
Liz

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I just love seeing all that God has done in and through Ivey over the past year. I love that you all are getting to enjoy more and not having to exhaust in crisis mode so much of the time. It's like watching the butterfly emerge from the cocoon. And I feel blessed to get to come by and see snippets of it. When I look at the video,I just want to hug her and laugh. :)

The Adoption Of William said...

Ivey is BEAUTIFUL. Her eyes are stunning, I love that you chose green. You are an inspiration to other parents like me, who are parenting a very special gift like Ivey. Thank you!

William's Mom

www. specialneedsbaby.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Gwen, I'm getting caught up tonight--what a sweet picture of Ivey and the boys! You have such beautiful children.

I'm sorry to hear that the hearing loss is confirmed; I'm praying for you guys as you adjust to that, and for Ivey to continue to do well. Oh, and it's great news about her airway! I bet you'll be excited when her trach is finally removed!

(And I'm sorry I've not been a faithful commenter--the three kids thing is killing me! I'm sure you can relate!!)

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by and checking Ivey's progress. I do hope everything is going ok. I think about Ivey every time my Enya tape plays in the car , and that is very often, as we live 30 miles from town. Okie Nana

Anonymous said...

II'm so proud of you,4 just telling it as it is. Just keep it up. I had 2 S.N.Childrens.. they were wonderful littel Angels...And still are.They brouth so much joy.And are truely miss.They have been with ouur Hevenly Farther 4 meny years.There Dady has join then now. Anyway just enjoy that little one all you can.God Bless

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...