5.24.2013

Content

is something that I am not.  Ever.

But my girl, she is a different story.

She has a drive that is unfathomable to me.  She endures more obstacles that one human might be able to endure, sometimes I think, even more than one should endure, but somehow she does it with grace and more often than not, joy.

I don't understand her at all.  She is truly wonderfully made.  All the right pieces, in just the right amounts.

Today, our girl completed first grade.

It is quite amazing when you think about it.   She has moved mountains to be here.  And yet, she is content.

I don't really understand it.  She has this drive that Matt and I both have, but in Ivey it is amplified to indescribable amounts.  She gracefully moves through the moments, working so hard, striving to be more than she was the day before, yet somehow, in each moment she is content.

She is content in the moment.  And somehow, in her contentment, she pushes further.  She wants more for herself; she expects more from us.

There is a lesson there that only Ivey can share.



3 comments:

Heather said...

Your girl has taught you all, and those that have come to love her,like myself, beautiful lessons in this life, all about living gracefully and forgiving, and we are better for it. Much better.

Congratulations Ivey girl. Another milestone met and conquered.

KrisKay said...

Way to go Ivey! You are amazing!

Hex said...

Hi! It's yet another Heather here. Wanted to let you know I mentioned your blog in my recent blog post. Have you heard of the Liebster Award? I recommended your blog. Here's the link: http://hexwit.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-procrastinators-liebster-award.html

All the best to your family and congratulations to Ivey for finishing 1st grade!

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...