11.11.2009

Yep, it's the week of Friday the 13th

Happy Veterans Day!

After a long absence from Ivey's tough seizures, they returned last night.  She spent the evening in the ER.  She is home now - we side stepped a trip to Scottish Rite.  All tests were ran and no 'illness' was found, which we were hoping to find.  Break through seizures like this are sometimes an indicator that something else is wrong.  Seems she just seized - no matter how common they are for us, they still take your breath away watching that little body of hers. 

Thank you ER crew.  You all are great and we appreciate you so much.  You guys rock when it comes to sticking Ivey.  Thank you ER doc for feeling comfortable enough with us to not transport her on to Atlanta. 

Ivey was at Aunt B. and Uncle W.'s house yesterday when she began seizing.  Luckily Matt was already there to pick her up and take her home.  So Matt and Aunt Beth got her to the hospital quickly.  She is always in good hands with Aunt B and Uncle W.

I was in Cartersville coming back from Atlanta - my dad had surgery yesterday - when Matt called to tell me that they had her in the ER.  Please remember that someone driving with flashing lights normally indicates urgency - move to the right hand lane. 

I think we might hide under a rock this Friday.  Friday the 13th. 

Thank you VETERANS!  I love my country; thank you for protecting our freedom.
Thank you Dad - specifically. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

I tell,and I probably shouldn't tell you this,but just yesterday.JUST YESTERDAY, I was thinking about Ivey and how it has been awhile since the "s" word has been spoken and bam .. this post.I think I'll stop thinking.

Praying that today was a quiet recovery day for you all.

Could you send me your address, again Gwen .. it sat in my inbox that for SO long that it got dumped out!

FlyFreeMyBooks said...

So sorry to hear you had a night of seizures and a trip to the ER. I'm glad they were able to get them under control and get you all back home though. HUGS!
I hadn't realized that this was going to be a Friday the 13th week! Hiding under a rock sounds like a good plan.

elizabeth said...

Oh I know how scary that can be. My oldest has a form of epilepsy that was just diagnosed this year. The helpless feeling you have when they are seizing is so hard. I know your situation is still FAR different than mine, but as a mom it's so difficult to not feel in control of a situation. Lucky for us all, HE is in control of everything. If only we could do a better job of "casting all our fear to Him" instead of all the worry that we do day to day.

Sibling Secret Sauce

Siblings of kiddos with disabilities are amazing humans walking amongst us. They live a life, most often, in the shadows of their sibling w...